The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Pension Association (RBSGPA) launch a new website as the first phase of improved membership communications.
RBSGPA approached Brand Satellite with the task of modernising their communications with their members.
The brief was to improve the effectiveness of the Association’s communications, whilst reducing the costs.
Our first task was to understand how the target audience were currently receiving their day-to-day information. Our research resulted in the following revelations:
- 88% of the target audience used a computer at least once a week
- 84% of the target audience checked their email at least once a week
- 80% of the target audience used the internet at least once a week
- 50% of the target audience used a tablet to access the internet
- 16% of the target audience used a smartphone to access the internet
- 56% of the target audience were users of social media
- 46% of the target audience were users of Facebook
Our proposals included:
- Phase 1: A new, user-friendly website – which displayed information that older people can easily see, easily understand and easily navigate. The website would include a secure member’s area, members offers, data capture and email sign up.
- Phase 2: A website with more functionality – including competitions, online forms and online payment/donations, holiday home and house swapping, postcode area finder, more information and links.
- Replacing paper newsletters with email newsletters (eliminating printing and postage costs).
- Trialling Facebook – with national and areas groups, to improve the social side of the Association’s activities.
- Advertising in the Association’s magazine (which would cover the cost of printing).